Würzburg railway station forecourt.
There is a row of sales pavilions on the west and east sides of the station forecourt in Würzburg with wide footpaths running along them. Up to now there have been no tactile markings for blind people here, although there is a heightened need, since there is a large Institute for the Blind in Würzburg. In the medium term, refurbishment of the station forecourt and tactile markings for the blind with concrete slabs is planned. To bridge the gap, a marking that does not require any civil engineering work needed to be applied. After a product demonstration at the construction depot in charge of work, and bearing in mind that work could be carried out without interrupting traffic due to the short time required, the City of Würzburg decided in favour of the Triflex tactile marking system.
- Simple and quick application
- Quick curing time
- Short closure periods
- Long-lasting durability
Refurbishment steps overview
- Cleaning and sweeping the substrate
- Masking the surface to be marked
- Stirring the cold plastic and the profile plastic with a whisk
- Adding hardener and mixing with a whisk
- Distributing the cold plastic using a notched trowel
- Placing and lightly pressing in guide plates for the blind into the adhesive layer.
- Processing the profile plastic with a special screed box, so that the desired ribbed profile is created.
- Removing adhesive tape, job finished